I’m a book junkie. If you let me loose in a book store I’ll walk out basically needing a trolley to cope with the purchases I make.
I’m a firm believer that education doesn’t end at school (or University) and that we should all continue to read as many books to educate ourselves as possible. I usually jump between reading business books to decorating books. Recently, during the last round of The Look School‘s Plan-Decorate-Live eCourse some of the students asked me for some decorating book suggestions. So here’s my list of favourites!
My Favourite Books
- Domino by Deborah Needleman – this book is not only gorgeous to look at (the cover is so pretty!) but the content is also fab. It’s top of my list for a reason.
- Good Bones Great Pieces by Suzanne McGrath – if you’re into reupholstering furniture or you want to invest in something you can one day hand down to a family member this book covers all the great pieces we should own in a lifetime.
- Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman – another one from Deborah Needleman, she used to run Domino magazine in the US, this lady knows her stuff about decorating.
- Absolutely Beautiful Things by Anna Spiro – Anna, a brisbane based decorator is one of my favourite decorators, her work is all about mixing patterns and colours and this is just a giant book full of inspiration.
- Elements of Style by Erin Gates – I’ve followed Erin’s blog for years so when she wrote a decorating book I was ordering it online asap. Erin’s based in Canada so it’s always interesting to see how decorators around the world approach the decorating process. She’s also super hilarious.
- Habitat by Lauren Liess – Lauren’s a decorator based in Virginia and her whole philosophy is bringing the outdoors in. Her botanical fabric range springs up in all of her work, the book is an extension of her blog and full of drool worthy rooms.
- Cashmere and Cupcakes At Home by Emily Schuman – another blogger turned author, Emily’s DIY projects, decorating advice and receipes all make for one super stylish little book.
- Styled by Emily Henderson – girl crush alert, I LOVE Emily Henderson. Her style is a little more eclectic than mine but I just love her look and her approach to decorating. Highly recommend this one if you enjoy creating styled vignettes around your home.
What are you reading and loving right now? I’m always on the look out for new reading material!