One of my favourite things to style is the table. You can have so many different creative things happening on a table. It’s the easiest way to get your styling theme across too. I did this table last year for the Spring Lunch for The Home with my stylist friend Marj.
What do you need to execute tablescaping well?
1. Cutlery, Glassware and Dinnerware (kind of an obvious one!)
2. Napkins, Placemats & Coasters
3. Runners or Tablecloths – unless you have a gorgeous rustic timber table top you want to show off!
4. Centrepieces – but nothing too over the top, you want guests to be able to chat over the table
5. Hanging Objects – these always add a bit of drama to the table if you have the hanging space
6. Scented Candles – no table is complete without some nice candles!
7. Name cards – one of my favourite things to create for a beautiful table.
I’m going to be helping style a beautiful Long Lunch in the Blue Mountains in May and I can’t wait to pull together a fabulous table for the guests to explore. It’s all about creating a story on the table. You want guests to discover more about the decor as they sit down and start chatting.
If you’d like help pulling together a look for your next dinner party send me an email to see how I can help you achieve the ideal dinner party tablescape!
I’m so obsessed with tablescaping I created a special Pinterest page for my favourites!